Are you stressed out, worried about the world and your life: relationships, work stress or health? Do you feel overloaded at times, and disconnected? Like you are just running to keep up with task after task?
I understand. That’s why I started practicing meditation in college; sitting with the Zen monks at Mt. Holyoke College.
Hi, my name is Kala (see video) and I’ll be leading the Meditation for Beginners Course. You’ll get:
- really get in depth training and support-even if you feel you could never meditate!
- or you’ve tried meditating and found it frustrating and your mind wouldn’t stop.
- meet great, like-minded people
FALL 2016: Meditation for Beginners
Starts: Wed September 14th, 6 pm- 7:15
6 Weeks $120
($220 w/ a friend & full time student $96)
Pre-registration is required (small class, space is limited.) QUESTIONS: Call Kala at 607-339-9849
Where: PENDING. Home Studio on State Street.( 5 minutes from Commons) or The Common Spot (in the Commons.)
Meditation can help:
- Reduce feelings of stress
- Increase concentration-help you work more efficiently
- Decrease worrisome thoughts
- Feel calmer manage your work load & life
- Affect stress related conditions
- Increase feelings of joy, clarity & purpose
- How to meditate, tips & 3 primary techniques to get you going
- Get help with posture & how to sit
- Weekly guided practice sessions: mindfulness, concentration & loving kindness intro
- Affordable, small group setting
- Get your specific questions answered
Whether you are mature, a graduate student, working mom or pop, meditation is something anyone can do. And it will have a huge impact on your life if you let it!