I started blogging in 2008, as a hobby after leaving a brutal work environment in academia. Eventually because I wanted readers, I became obsessed with the art of SEO (search engine optimization.) As I was unemployed, I spent hours daily– I read, studied and experimented. I’d start and stop various blogs on yoga or my art and slowly I began to notice they would start to rank well, if I did certain things.
I began writing for hire, starting part-time, in 2011. I have a gift for search engine optimized content that is readable, fresh & engaging. No anonymous writer, I’m invested in your success, because that means you will hire me- again and again!
As it’s hard to decide to work with someone online, I’ll tell you a bit about me as a person.
I’m a Renaissance Soul (Amazon link,) check out the book if you suspect you are too. A Renaissance Soul loves to do different things and enjoys the challenge, they value the journey and learning new skills. Not in any particular order: I was a tenured art professor, teaching painting, drawing and design. I’ve worked at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC, as an educator.
I ran my own yoga studio early on in the yoga boom. I’m a certified yoga teacher. I was 14. Growing up in the Bronx, in a working class family, I happened upon the word “yoga” in TV Guide. Always curious, I wanted to know what it meant.
Yoga helped me through a rigorous college program. As a product of inner city public schools, this was an intense challenge & change of environment. I then went to art school and got my M.F.A.
Some Facts & Favorites:
- Country to visit: Italy! I love Venice and Florence
- Food: Chocolate. Is that even a question?
- Artist: Vermeer
- TV: I don’t watch much but am addicted to Scandal. I Enjoy: House of Cards, oh and fun- Sleepy Hollow.
- Meditation: I’ve silently meditated for 6 weeks, 10 hours or so a day on meditation retreats! Hard to believe if you knew how chatty I am.
- Monks: I adore Burmese monks, don’t know why. That’s who I usually study meditation with, and they are the strictest- I like the discipline.
- College: First in the family to attend college- Mt. Holyoke College, and don’t say “girls school,” it’s a “women’s college.” 😉 Part of what used to be called the Seven Sisters group of colleges.
- Massage Therapy: Trained in massage therapy, both Western & Eastern
- Movie: The English Patient; classic old movie Casablanca
I’d love to talk with you about how I can support your business goals! Let’s set up a free 15 min. initial consult.