Welcome. I'm a content writer/freelance copywriter, based out of New York City. I work with business, agencies, or web developers that need copywriting or blogging services
I write for clients all over the US, providing high quality seo (search engine optimized) content that is well written and engaging
. I started out by blogging in 2008, as a hobby after leaving academia, (I was a tenured professor.)
As a website copywriter my services are:
- Business Blogging
- Quality SEO Copywriting
- Content Strategist for your business
- Freelance Copywriter-About, Company pages
- AREAS of SPECIALTY :
- Health & Holistic Wellness, Real Estate, Fine Art/Design, Higher Education, Non-profits doing great work
- But as an former professor, I can research any topic thoroughly
But before we go on, I've gotta give you the bitter truth-whether you work with me or not, it's true.
- I hope you weren't thinking "I'll hire someone for $8 an hour to write a few pages for my website, maybe someone from India. And I'll buy a bunch of links..." Poor investment and so, so.... 2009. You're business is worth more than that.
- Generic content no longer RANKS! That’s because- it’s 2015 no-one wants to read bland copy, not Google and not people.
- Websites that have "thin," filler content that doesn't deliver, fall in the rankings.
A good copywriter helps lift rankings.
Website visitors have questions they want answered, via content marketing a relationship can be built. And voila, they become customers over time.
I've been writing for the web for 6+ years and I have a gift for search engine optimized content
that is readable, fresh & engaging. That took me down a meandering path into writing as a sub-contractor. From construction companies to caterers if they need help, as a content writer
I'd provide copywriting via "content farms," (low cost, often low quality writing marketplaces.)
Working that way started to bother me. Why?
I'd have tips for the company
- like a better, more catchy title or
- other posts they should do in a series.
I care about the why!*
The professor in me couldn't help but have questions. But that wasn't allowed when working for content farms, you just are expected to churn out the work, often in a very short time.
I knew I could do so much more for these small businesses.
Better questions= better answers.
Hiring a freelance writer directly rather than using a content farms or content mills-as they are called is
more expensive upfront-but the results will be better in the long term.
What you get is quality work
. As your copywriter or content strategist- I'm invested in your success, because that means you will hire me- again and again!
*See famous, inspirational TED Talk by Simon Sinek called: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
, it's a must see for innovative small business owners.
Serving clients in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Mass., and beyond (U.S.)